Data Center and Information Security
Enterprise-class security, data management,
performance and availability.
The state-of-the-art security and technical resources provided by true-cloud data centers are at a level no local jurisdiction can afford
Everyone knows that cybersecurity issues are a global problem and not merely local problems. Even for the smallest and most remote of government jurisdictions, you can not afford to wait one more minute to take the most aggressive steps possible to protect your jurisdiction’s data… move to GovSense, the first comprehensive true-cloud software solution for local government.
Let the true-cloud do the work for you
Here are a few of the specifics of how the GovSense software solution provides enterprise-class data management, security and availability that helps ensure your jurisdiction is resilient to security breaches. GovSense provides the cloud infrastructure so that you can run all your necessary applications in the cloud with complete confidence.
- Data in the primary data center is replicated and synchronized across data centers.
- All operations fail over to the secondary data center automatically, if required.
- Underlying infrastructure incorporates multiple levels of redundancy to guard against failure.
- Redundant systems automatically assume processing without any interruption should any element fail.
- All data is automatically backed up and stored offsite.
- Backups are stored offsite in a secure location and safeguarded against almost any environmental conditions.
- ODBC connector can be implemented as well to pull data to a local SQL Database.
- All production data is stored immediately to redundant locations.
- Hot backups give the ability to restore your data rapidly and reliably.
- Architecture currently supports over 40,000 organizations with billions of user requests per month.
- Data centers are designed to accommodate surges and spikes in usage, and to scale to address increased volume and transactions.
Complete Separation of Duties
- Job responsibilities are separated, and mandatory employee background checks are employed at all levels of operations.
- The principle of least authority (POLA) is followed and employees are given only those privileges necessary to do their duties.
Fully Guarded Premises
- On-premise security guards monitor all alarms, personnel activities, access points, shipping and receiving, and ensure that entry and exit procedures are correctly followed on a 24/7 basis.
- CCTV video surveillance cameras with pan-tilt-zoom capabilities are located at points of entry to the collocation and other secured areas within the perimeter.
Continuous Security Monitoring
- Numerous intrusion detection systems (IDS) to identify malicious traffic attempting to access its networks.
- Any unauthorized attempts to access the data center are blocked, and unauthorized connection attempts are logged and investigated.
- Enterprise-grade anti-virus software guards against trojans, worms, viruses and other malware from affecting the software and applications.
Managed Physical Access
- Stringent physical security policies and controls to allow unescorted access to pre-authorized Operations personnel.
- Photo ID proximity access cards and a biometric identification system provide assurance against lost badge risks or other attempts at impersonation. Proximity card reader devices are located at major points of entry and critical areas within the data centers.
- Single-person portals and T-DAR man traps guarantee that only one person is authenticated at one time to prevent tailgating.
- All perimeter doors are alarmed and monitored and all exterior perimeter walls, doors, windows and the main interior entry are constructed of materials that afford Underwriters Laboratory- (UL) rated ballistic protection.
US:EU Safe Harbor
SAS70 Type II